Resources through the Maine Tobacco HelpLine and the QuitLink
- The QuitLink and the Maine Tobacco HelpLine are accessible by calling 1-800-207-1230 or visiting theQuitLink.com. The Maine Tobacco HelpLine answers your questions and offers friendly support to people — including those under age 18 — thinking about quitting or ready to quit smoking, or those who want to help a friend or family member quit.
- Downloadable resources (developed with guidance from Maine Tobacco HelpLine staff) to educate community members and youth about Maine Tobacco HelpLine eligibility:
- Youth Texting Program: CTI has partnered with the Truth Initiative to launch a Maine This is Quitting youth texting program. This is Quitting is a free, confidential texting program with evidence-based tips to help 13-24 year olds quit vaping. 13-24 year olds can text MAINE to 88709 for support.
- Vaping Support Line: Any adult or youth resident of Maine can receive services to assist those who vape and want to quit, those needing assistance in how to support a loved one who vapes, and anyone with a general question about vaping. Call 1-844-9NO-VAPE and talk with a Nationally Certified Counselor who can provide free guidance on services to assist those who are currently using vape products or who are looking to be connected to treatment.
- Teen.Smokefree.gov and Smokefree.gov are initiatives from the National Cancer Institute to help you or someone you care about quit smoking or vaping. The websites have information and quit resources for specific audiences including teens, veterans, women and older adults.